A decision on whether New Zealand Bloodstock’s upcoming sales at Karaka and Christchurch will take place will be decided on April 1, the company said in a statement.
“This is the date that the government will announce if the recently imposed travel restrictions will remain in force,” the statement read.
“We will also need to be mindful of the travel restrictions announced by the Australian government.
“Given public gatherings must number no more than 500 people, this is also an issue we will need to address.
“We will continue to assess the situation as new details come to hand and inform all buyers, vendors and consignors in the event that we need to postpone any sale.”