As part of NZB's newly enhanced Sales Series in 2018, one of the best race days in the country is set to showcase a major upgrade, with two key changes to the Karaka Million Twilight Meeting at Ellerslie.
New Zealand Bloodstock and the Auckland Racing Club are excited to announce that the 2018 Karaka Million Twilight Meeting will be run on Saturday 27 January*, rather than its traditional Sunday slot. It will continue as a six race twilight meeting, but in addition to two $1million feature events, the support card will now comprise four new Group races*.
NZB's managing director Andrew Seabrook is thrilled that the richest race day in New Zealand is getting a fresh new look.
"The Karaka Million Twilight Meeting is one of the great days on the New Zealand racing calendar.
"I'm sure the move to Saturday, the running of two one million dollar races, along with four additional Group races will take it to another level. And it's going to be great to showcase more of our top horses to an international audience", commented Seabrook.
- The National Yearling Sales Series catalogues will now be named Book I, Book II, and Book III.
- Selling to commence from Lot 1 in Book I from 5pm on Sunday and will run through to Wednesday.
- Book II horses will be sold on the Thursday and Friday of the sales week.
- Book III selling will remain on the final Sunday of Karaka 2018.
- The Karaka Million Twilight Meeting will now be held on Saturday 27 January*.
- The meeting will include the $1m Karaka Million 2YO, $1m Karaka Million 3YO Classic and four Group races*.
- The Karaka Stayers Cup will now run on Sunday 14 January 2018*, and will remain a Karaka Million Series feature race.
* Subject to confirmation of the New Zealand Racing Board CalendarRead More...