We warmly welcome new members from New Zealand and around the world.
To find out more about the history of the NZTBA click here
To join the NZTBA please use one of the following forms:
For more information about NZTBA membership please email firstname.lastname@example.org or Ph: (64 9) 525 2428.
Who can join the NZTBA?
When you join the New Zealand Thoroughbred Breeders' Association you belong to one of the largest organisations of its kind in the world, established to represent and promote the interests of New Zealand's thoroughbred breeders.
However, membership is not limited to those who currently breed thoroughbreds or to New Zealand residents. NZTBA members include racegoers, owners, industry professionals and admirers of the thoroughbred horse within New Zealand and around the world.
Benefits of NZTBA membership include:
|Volksraad (GB) (pictured above) on the front cover of the 2011 Register of Thoroughbred Stallions of New Zealand. In 2010 he won the prestigious Grosvenor Award for the eighth time. The Award is presented each year to the leading New Zealand stakes earning sire.
- A copy of the NZTBA's annual publication, the
Register of Thoroughbred Stallions of New Zealand >>>>
published in June each year (Retail Value: $125.00)
- Hardback copy of the annual A to Z of Australasian Thoroughbred Business Diary
(Retail Value: $29.95)
- Free listing at your discretion in the NZTBA’s online Studs & Stallions database; and free listings in the online Horse Sale & Lease Catalogue
- Raceday swingers which provide free admission to many New Zealand racecourses, at the discretion of clubs
- Social & networking opportunities, raceday promotions, newsletters, seminars, stud tours and other activities organised by your local branch
- Access to the members-only Stead Memorial Library at the NZTBA offices at Ellerslie Racecourse, Auckland. The Library is reputed to be the most comprehensive thoroughbred library in the southern hemisphere
- Information and representation with government on animal health, biosecurity, ACC, employment and taxation matters. Recently successful outcomes include the new stallion & broodmare depreciation rates effective from 1 August 2006, and reduced ACC levies.
- Liaison and representation with national and international industry organisations: NZ Thoroughbred Racing, NZ Equine Research Foundation, NZ Equine Health Association, NZ Thoroughbred Marketing, NZ Graded Stakes Committee, NZ Equine Industry Training Organisation, International Breeders' Meeting
|The annual NZTBA Membership subscription is:
$NZ165.00 (incl. GST) for New Zealand residents
$NZ205.00 for Australian residents
$NZ230.00 for Overseas residents (beyond Australia)
Overseas subscriptions are zero-rated for GST, but include